Surgical Mistakes, Errors, and Accidents
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, more than 50,000 deaths each year are attributable to medical mistakes made by doctors, physicians, and other health professionals. An additional 1.5 million people are injured each year due to medical negligence or errors. Surgical errors account for a significant number of these injuries and deaths.
What are surgical mistakes?
Surgical mistake and surgical error is any mistake made in preparation for, during, or after surgery, including:
- Failure to properly diagnose a condition, which leads to surgery on a healthy organ or body part
- Pre-operation errors relating to anesthesia, medication, or medical records that results in death, brain damage, or other serious injury
- Operation on the wrong body site, including amputation or removal of healthy tissue, limbs or organs
- Use of unsanitary surgical instruments
- Puncture or other damage to organs during surgery
- Post-surgery mistakes, such as leaving surgical instruments inside the body, failure to clean and close the surgery site properly
Do you believe you have been harmed or injured by a surgical mistake or error? Contact our medical malpractice lawyers immediately for your complimentary case review. If you would prefer to speak with someone regarding your case, please call our offices at anytime: 1-877-659-1620.
Where do surgical errors occur?
Errors occur in every type of surgical situation and procedure from exploratory surgery to heart surgery. Common high-risk surgeries include
And in all types of surgery, there is always risk for injury from anesthesia mistakes and blood/fluid transfusion reactions. Have you suffered an injury, harm, mistake or accident at the hands of a surgeon or medical professional? Contact the Rasansky Law Firm online, or call our offices anytime at 1-877-659-1620 to discuss your situation with our experienced medical malpractice attorneys. In the complimentary consultation, our attorneys will review your experiences and situation and provide you information regarding your legal rights, options, and responsibilities. We demand strict professional standards. Our Dallas based attorneys are among the finest medical malpractice lawyers and have resolved many multi-million dollar personal injury cases. We are passionate about our role as advocates and treat our clients with complete respect and compassion. We are committed to utilizing all available legal advantages and tactics to successfully resolve your medical malpractice claim.