FacebookTwitterGoogle PlusLinkedInYouTubeRSS

Texas Injury Attorney

Call Toll-Free



The Aftermath of Vehicle Accidents—What Should You Do?

Submitted by jrlaw on Oct 27th, 2009

Date: October 2, 2009
Location: 8300 block of 610 North Loop East, Houston, Texas
Type: Car accident

The Houston Chronicle reported a most peculiar vehicle accident on October 2, 2009. Two motorists collided on the 8300 block of 610 North Loop East. It appeared like many other vehicle accidents at first. The first motorist walked away from the car wreck with injuries he claimed to be minor. He refused medical treatment after arriving with paramedics at LBJ Hospital. It would appear as if this motorist “lucked out” with no major injuries to report.

After he ignored medical attention after the wreck this motorist went home and went about his business. It wasn’t until October 13, less than two weeks later, that he began to suffer intense stomach pains. He went to the East Houston Regional Hospital probably expecting to get a prescription or recommendation for an over-the-counter drug. He never made it out of the hospital. This seemingly unharmed motorist died several hours later.

Upon reviewing the man’s autopsy, officials discovered that he died as a direct result of his untreated car wreck injuries. The other motorist did not ignored medical attention after wreck and was treated immediately. Did this simple decision to refuse medical treatment prove to be fatal for the first motorist?

Cases like this should emphasize to you to always take car wreck injuries seriously. Even if you don’t feel any strong pains, you should seek a medical examination. There is a definite possibility that you may have injured major internal organs and are simply not feeling the effects yet. Don’t make the same mistake as that unfortunate motorist from Houston who ignored medical attention after a wreck.

Get a doctor’s opinion immediately. If you are injured because of someone else’s negligence and the vehicle accidents were not your fault, then you may be entitled to compensation for personal injury. Contact the Rasansky Law Firm at 1-800-ATTORNEY and get a free consultation on your rights. Do not hesitate to go see a doctor immediately after the accident.