FacebookTwitterGoogle PlusLinkedInYouTubeRSS

Texas Injury Attorney

Call Toll-Free


1-877-659-1620








captcha


Nursing Home Resident Dies Unattended in Dining Room

Submitted by jrlaw on Mar 9th, 2009

A Vancouver, Canada nursing home resident who suffered from a condition called dysphagia that makes swallowing difficult died after being left unattended in the facility's dining room. Despite her identification as someone with a choking risk, the resident was served a dinner of meatballs with a mushroom gravy, rice, Jell-O and wax beans. Documents said her plate was removed and the care staff members went on break or cared for other residents while the woman remained in the dining room chewing her last bit of food unsupervised. It wasn't until 25 minutes later that a registered nurse discovered the resident still at the table - unresponsive.