FacebookTwitterGoogle PlusLinkedInYouTubeRSS

Texas Injury Attorney

Call Toll-Free



ALERT: Slim-Fast Recalls Can Drink due to Bacteria Contamination

Submitted by jrlaw on Dec 23rd, 2009
Chances are, you probably have tried Slim-Fast at least once in your life. If not to lose weight then to at least taste what all the fuss is about! However, it may concern you to know that Slim-Fast (or Slimfast) recently found itself in a precarious situation because of possible bacterial contamination in its products. 
Slim-Fast voluntarily ordered a product recall of all its “ready-to-drink” canned shakes effective December 3. This product recall included all cans regardless of flavor or even “best-by” date. The company urged its customers to continue using snack and meal bars as well as powdered shake mixes as replacements.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, there was a possibility that cans were contaminated with Bacillus cereus. This bacterium is known to be harmful and could cause painful and dangerous symptoms of infection like nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. Though this infection isn’t believed to be life threatening, it is unknown how it can affect consumers with sensitive digestive or immune systems.
ABC News reported that the company has ordered a product recall of some two million cans of potentially infected product. While only five consumers have gone on record reporting incidents, the company is not taking any chances. 
If you have developed severe symptoms or hazardous allergic reactions to this poisoned product, then the best action is to consult a lawyer. You may have a product liabilitylawsuit on your hands. This is true whether you have suffered due to Slim-Fast shakes or any other weight loss supplemental product. Just because these products are not medical in nature does not absolve the company of legal responsibility.
Contact the The Rasansky Law Firm and tell us about your case. If you have suffered because of an unclean product then you may be entitled to compensation. We can be reached at 1-800-ATTORNEY (1-800-288-6763) or by clicking on our online form.